In this review I’m going to share my analysis and evaluation from my hands-on experience with Workvivo. But first, if you’re just beginning your search for the best HR platforms, check out my picks of the best employee experience software solutions. You probably already know Workvivo is among the most popular HR products out there, but you need to better understand what’s good, and not so good about it. This in-depth Workvivo review will walk you through pros and cons, features and functionality, to help guide you to better understand its capabilities and suitability for your needs.
Workvivo Product Overview
Workvivo is an employee engagement platform designed to enhance organizational communication and collaboration. Its target users are businesses and teams seeking to improve internal communication and employee engagement.
The tool offers improved team cohesion, enhanced communication channels, and a more engaged workforce. It addresses pain points such as disconnected teams, poor communication, and low employee engagement. Key features include social media-style updates, company news feeds, goal and values alignment, and recognition tools.
- User-Friendly Interface: This means employees find the platform intuitive and easy to navigate, leading to higher adoption rates.
- Social Media Feel: The familiar layout, similar to social media platforms, makes it engaging and approachable for users.
- Recognition Tools: Features for peer recognition and shoutouts help build a positive company culture and morale.
- Limited Customization: Less flexibility in tailoring the platform to specific business needs or branding.
- Basic Analytics: The analytics provided are not as advanced or detailed as those of some competitors, limiting deeper insights.
- No Advanced Integration: It lacks extensive integration capabilities with other enterprise tools, which could hinder seamless workflow.
In judging Workvivo against other employee experience platforms, its user-friendly interface and social media-like feel stand, making it particularly appealing for teams prioritizing ease of use and quick adoption. However, regarding customization and advanced analytics, Workvivo falls short compared to some competitors. The platform's pricing is competitive, but the lack of advanced integrations could be a limitation for organizations heavily reliant on a wide range of enterprise tools.
Support and onboarding are straightforward, yet they don't particularly outshine the competition. In my opinion, Workvivo is best suited for small to medium-sized businesses looking for a simple, engaging way to boost employee communication and morale. Larger organizations or those needing deep customization and integration might find it less aligned with their needs. In selecting an employee experience platform, weighing these factors according to your organizational requirements and goals is crucial.
Workvivo Deep Dive
- Social Media-Style Interface: Workvivo's interface mimics popular social media platforms, making it uniquely engaging and intuitive for users. This familiarity encourages higher engagement and quicker adoption among employees.
- Employee Recognition Tools: The platform offers robust tools for peer recognition and shoutouts. This feature stands out as it fosters a positive workplace culture and morale, which is not as prominently focused on in many other platforms.
- Goals and Values Alignment: Workvivo allows organizations to integrate their core values and goals directly into the platform. This unique feature helps align employee activities and communications with the company's broader objectives, promoting a unified corporate culture.
- Internal Communication - Yes
- Employee Engagement Analytics - Yes
- Feedback Mechanisms - Yes
- Recognition and Rewards System - Yes
- Employee Surveys - Yes
- Goal Tracking - Yes
- Performance Management - Yes
- Learning and Development Modules - No
- Integration with Other HR Systems - Limited
- Social Media Integration - Yes
- Mobile Access - Yes
- Custom Branding Options - Limited
- Real-Time Chat - Yes
- File Sharing and Collaboration - Yes
- Multilingual Support - No
- Access Control - Yes
- Customizable Dashboards - Limited
- API for Custom Integration - Limited
- Employee Onboarding - Yes
- Health and Wellness Resources - No
- Career Development Planning - No
- Succession Planning - No
- Organizational Charting - Yes
- Employee Directory - Yes
- Time Tracking - No
Workvivo Key Features
- Social Media-Style Interface: The familiar layout encourages user engagement and simplifies communication, making internal discussions more lively and inclusive.
- Employee Recognition Tools: Allow peers to acknowledge each other's achievements, fostering a culture of appreciation and motivation.
- Goals and Values Alignment: Integrating company values into daily communications ensures employees remain aligned with the organization's mission and goals.
- Internal Communication: The platform supports diverse communication channels like feeds, chats, and posts, ensuring everyone stays informed and connected.
- Feedback Mechanisms: Regular feedback opportunities help management understand employee sentiment and address concerns promptly.
- Goal Tracking: This feature helps employees align their personal goals with organizational objectives, enhancing productivity and focus.
- Performance Management: Workvivo provides tracking and managing performance tools, crucial for growth and development.
- Mobile Access: The mobile-friendly nature of the platform ensures accessibility and connectivity, regardless of location.
- Real-Time Chat: Instant messaging enhances collaboration and quick resolution of queries, keeping teams agile.
- File Sharing and Collaboration: This feature facilitates the easy sharing of documents and collaborative work, which is essential for modern, dynamic workplaces.
Ease Of Use
In evaluating Workvivo, I found its user interface straightforward and user-friendly, primarily due to its social media-style design, which most users are already familiar with. The onboarding process is efficient, guiding new users through the platform's features without overwhelming them. Navigation within the tool is intuitive, with clear menus and a well-organized layout. However, there are complexities, especially in customization and integration.
Users requiring specific branding or integrating Workvivo extensively with other enterprise tools might find these aspects limited and somewhat challenging to use. The platform could benefit from more advanced customization options and broader integration capabilities to enhance ease of use for more complex organizational requirements.
Assessing the customer support of Workvivo, I noticed that they offer a range of support channels, including documentation, webinars, and a live chat option. Their response times are generally adequate, with a supportive team ready to assist with user queries. However, there are weaknesses in their support system. Some users report delays in response times during peak periods, and the depth of available resources might not be sufficient for more complex or technical issues.
While the basic support needs are covered, users requiring in-depth technical assistance or those with unique queries might find the support lacking in detail or speed. More comprehensive and specialized support resources would enhance the overall user experience.
Workvivo offers a range of native integrations with popular software and tools, enhancing its functionality and user experience. These integrations include platforms like Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom, allowing users to streamline communication and collaboration within a familiar environment. For example, the integration with Slack enables users to receive Workvivo updates directly in Slack channels, while the Zoom integration simplifies setting up and joining video meetings from within Workvivo.
Additionally, Workvivo provides an API for custom integrations. This API allows businesses to connect Workvivo with their existing systems and databases, tailoring the platform to their needs. The API features include data synchronization, user management, and custom notifications.
There are also add-ons available to extend Workvivo's capabilities. These can include advanced analytics tools, specialized communication modules, and enhanced security features, enabling organizations to customize their experience according to their unique requirements.
Workvivo's pricing structure is designed to compete with similar market tools. Compared to other employee experience platforms, it tends to be moderately priced, offering a good balance of features and cost. However, users should consider additional costs for advanced features or custom integrations.
The pricing tiers for Workvivo are as follows:
- Standard Tier: This is often the entry-level plan, priced at around $4-6/user/month (billed annually). It includes internal communication tools, employee engagement analytics, and basic integrations. This plan suits small to medium-sized businesses looking for essential employee experience functionalities.
- Professional Tier: This mid-level plan is priced at approximately $8-10/user/month (billed annually), offering more advanced features like enhanced analytics, additional integrations, and improved customization options. It's designed for organizations that require more in-depth employee engagement tools.
- Enterprise Tier: The highest tier, typically priced upon request, is tailored for large organizations. It includes all features from lower tiers plus premium support, full customization, and advanced integration capabilities. This tier is often customized to fit the organization’s specific needs, hence the variable pricing.
Each tier's pricing can vary based on the number of users and the organization’s specific requirements. Additionally, there might be a minimum seat requirement or a base fee per month, which users should consider when evaluating their options.
Workvivo Use Cases
Who Would Be A Good Fit For Workvivo?
From my assessment, Workvivo best suits small to medium-sized businesses, particularly those prioritizing internal communication and employee engagement. The platform's social media-style interface resonates well with companies with a young workforce or those looking to adopt a more modern, interactive approach to employee communication. Industries where team cohesion and culture are vital, such as tech startups, marketing agencies, and creative industries, find great value in Workvivo.
Its most loyal and avid customers appreciate its user-friendly design, employee recognition tools, and the ability to align team activities with organizational goals. Companies with a workforce ranging from a few dozen to a few hundred employees often find Workvivo an excellent fit, as it provides an engaging and cohesive communication platform without overwhelming complexity.
Who Would Be A Bad Fit For Workvivo?
Conversely, large enterprises or organizations with complex hierarchical structures might find Workvivo a bad fit. The platform's limited customization and integration capabilities can significantly hinder companies requiring extensive tailoring to fit their complex processes and systems. Industries that deal with highly sensitive information, like finance or legal, might also find Workvivo's security and compliance features insufficient.
Additionally, businesses that rely heavily on advanced analytics and detailed reporting for employee engagement and performance management might be disappointed with what Workvivo offers. Large teams exceeding a few hundred employees, or those spread across multiple global locations, may encounter challenges in using Workvivo effectively due to its limited scalability and multilingual support.
What is Workvivo primarily used for in an organization?
Workvivo functions as a modern intranet and employee communication platform, enhancing internal comms and fostering a solid customer experience culture within teams.
Can Workvivo replace traditional intranet platforms like SharePoint?
Yes, Workvivo can replace platforms like SharePoint, offering a more social networking-style interface with an activity feed, making information sharing and collaboration more engaging.
Is Workvivo compatible with mobile devices?
Absolutely, Workvivo has a mobile app available for both Android and IOS devices, ensuring end users can stay connected and engaged from anywhere.
How does Workvivo support special occasions like employee birthdays?
Workvivo has features that automatically recognize and highlight special occasions like birthdays, enhancing the social aspect of the platform.
What makes Workvivo distinct as an employee communication platform?
Its unique blend of social networking features, like an activity feed and recognition tools, sets it apart as an employee communication platform, fostering a more vibrant and interactive workplace environment.
Does Workvivo support languages other than English?
Currently, Workvivo's primary language support is in English, which may be a consideration for organizations with a diverse, multilingual workforce.
Can human resource teams use Workvivo for their processes?
Yes, human resource teams can use Workvivo to streamline their communications, engage with employees, and align company culture and values.
Does Workvivo offer video conferencing capabilities?
The platform itself does not natively offer video conferencing, but it integrates well with popular SaaS platforms that provide video conferencing services.
Workvivo Company Overview & History
Workvivo is a company that specializes in providing a comprehensive employee communication and engagement platform. It's designed as a one-stop solution to foster a positive work-life balance and enhance organizational internal communication. Since its inception, Workvivo has attracted various companies, including those in the tech, retail, and healthcare sectors, as users of its platform.
Workvivo operates as a private company. The company originated in Ireland and chose to establish its headquarters there, leveraging the country's reputation for a thriving tech industry. While the ownership details remain undisclosed, the company's innovative communication methodologies within the workplace have earned it recognition on platforms like LinkedIn.
The company’s mission focuses on transforming how businesses communicate with their team members, aiming to create a more connected and engaged workforce. A significant milestone in its history was its rapid growth during the pandemic, when the demand for effective remote communication solutions surged.
Workvivo Summary: The Bottom Line
My overall opinion of Workvivo centers on its unique approach to employee communication. It stands out from similar software through its social networking-style platform, making it more engaging and user-friendly than traditional intranets or communication tools. Workvivo offers features like podcasts, employee shoutouts, and an activity feed, which are not commonly found in similar platforms.
What’s particularly good about Workvivo is its ability to blend the formalities of a corporate communication tool with the informal nature of social media. This fusion creates an environment where team members can interact more freely and authentically. The platform's focus on enhancing work-life culture and keeping employees connected, especially noticeable during the pandemic, is a noteworthy aspect of its functionality.
In summary, Workvivo’s strength lies in its ability to create a more vibrant, interactive, and engaged workplace through a unique blend of communication features.
Alternatives to Workvivo
- Slack: Often compared with Workvivo for its communication capabilities, Slack is better suited for teams looking for a more chat-focused platform with extensive integration options.
- Microsoft Teams: A frequent alternative to Workvivo, Microsoft Teams excels in organizations already using Microsoft products, offering seamless integration with Office 365 tools.
- Asana: For those seeking more robust project management features alongside communication tools, Asana is often preferred for its task and project tracking capabilities, making it ideal for more complex project workflows.
In reviewing Workvivo, it's clear that its unique approach to employee communication, with a focus on a social media-style interface, sets it apart in the market. Its strengths lie in enhancing internal communication and fostering employee engagement, making it an excellent choice for small to medium-sized companies. However, for organizations seeking more in-depth customization, advanced analytics, or extensive integration capabilities, exploring alternatives like Slack, Microsoft Teams, or Asana might be beneficial.
I encourage potential users to weigh their specific needs and preferences against what Workvivo offers. And for those who have experience with Workvivo or its alternatives, please feel free to share your insights and experiences in the comments. Your input can greatly assist others in making an informed decision.