This article will help you quickly compare and evaluate the best applicant tracking systems.
Because applicant management and tracking is a daunting task. As soon as you hit “publish” on any job posting site, the resumes and qualifications will start rolling in. It can be overwhelming to keep track of them all, not to mention pick out the top applicants and remember why they stood out.
Some people rely on spreadsheets and email threads as their version of “free applicant tracking system” but that is never a fully reliable method for narrowing down the candidate pool to the perfect fit.
A recruitment management system may simply collect and organize applications but nowadays many do much more than that, including recruitment CRM, human resource management, content generating, metric-based recruiting, candidate and recruiter experience, and predictive analytics. As you can see, finding the right recruitment software can take care of a lot of administrative overhead.
In this post, I’ll share with you the basics of what ATS tools do, tell you what you should look for in an application tracker, and highlight a few of the best ones I’ve come across.
Quickly Compare & Evaluate The 10 Best Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
The below-recruiting software can help streamline application management, onboarding, and HR. Here’s a sneak peek:
If you’re looking into ATS software for the first time, start here with these common questions.
What is ATS?
ATS stands for “applicant tracking system”, which is a digital tool that assists with collection, sorting, and analysis of online job submissions. Using an ATS is a way to lessen the administrative burden of the hiring process.
How do applicant tracking systems work?
Applicant tracking systems manage the process of filling an open job role by either aggregating data from third-party sources (like Indeed and Yello) or platforming all of those tasks within the ATS tool itself. An ATS tool may encompass all or just a few of the following processes: job posting, resume collection and organization, qualification analysis, referral programs, HR, CRM, onboarding, and so on.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Applicant Tracking Systems
Here’s a brief description of each of the ATS tracking tools that are featured on this top 10 list.
1. SAP SuccessFactors – An ATS portal with everything from candidate relationship management through talent reviews and calibration tools.
2. Oracle Taleo – An easy-to-use ATS interface for candidates, recruiters, and hiring managers with a mobile-first, data-driven approach.
3. iCIMS Recruit – An ATS online system with tools for job advertising strategies, Google job search optimization, and employee referrals.
4. Smart Recruiters – An enterprise-grade recruitment database with features like screening assessments, scorecards, and background checks.
5. Workday – Recruitment CRM software for candidates, recruiters, and hiring managers alike for workforce plans all the way through onboarding.
6. Workable – Recruitment CRMs that navigate the hiring process from job posting all the way to offer letters, including instant posts to 200+ job sites.
7. JazzHR – Human resources management that lets users rank, track, and discuss candidates alongside a custom workflow for each job opening.
8. Bullhorn – ATS and CRM with email integration to parse in resumes, add notes, and create new tasks and appointments based on your inbox.
9. Greenhouse – Source and nurture the right candidates, set up an equitable hiring process, and track candidate relationships over time.
10. Hiring Room – A multi-lingual applicant tracking system with social media and referee network links, centralized management, and more.
Other Applicant Tracking Systems
Jobvite – Hiring software with powerful referral capabilities, built-in automated intelligence, and the ability to screen and rank candidates automatically.
Ascendify – Hiring tools that personalize content based on the applicant, automatically skill match people into talent pipelines, and identify which team they fit into best.
Yello – Leverage acquisition, recruitment marketing, and operations functionality in a single platform and make smarter hiring decisions.
Avature – A comprehensive enterprise solution that can be configured to manage executive, professional, and hourly recruiting.
Zenefits – Create a compensation package and auto-send offer letters to new hires, create PTO policies and manage requests, plus more HR capabilities.
Namely – Recruiting features that include custom job workflows, job posting and syndication, configurable job applications, and background checks.
Ultimate Software – Candidate-centric hiring platform design that helps you engage candidates with simple technology that they want to use.
Beamery – Recruit more proactively by engaging pipelines of qualified talent and improve the end-to-end talent experience.
Talemetry – An enterprise recruitment marketing platform with AI-powered recruiting software, cutting-edge recruitment automation tools, and training and support.
Hiretual – An all-in-one hiring platform for talent search, talent engagement, and talent relationship management.
BambooHR – A human resource manager with tools for automatic alerts, in-system messaging, sending an offer with letter templates, and a mobile app.
Symphony Talent – A candidate-centric hiring platform that provides an information-rich, relevant, and engaging experience.
Freshworks Freshteam – Create, manage and publish job postings; describe job listings using templates; and advertise job postings through a myriad range of channels.
Breezy – A user-friendly candidate management with a drag-and-drop visual hiring pipeline that shows you in a glance where a candidate is, at any time.
Zoho Recruit – Pre-screening assessments, resume management tools, built-in reports, and dashboards, hiring pipeline, and recruiting KPIs.
Lever – Build and track your talent pipeline and capture the actions, engagements, decisions in a talent database that tracks insights to cost and value.
MyRecruitment Platform – A cloud-based online hiring system that offers some free ATS tools at their entry-level plan, like 1 active job-opening and e-forms.
Collage – Create a professional, branded career page with no IT required and automatically syndicated to popular online job boards such as Indeed.
Smashfly – A talent marketing platform that combines a recruiting CRM, career site, recruiting event management, referrals, and analytics solutions
What Do You Think About These Applicant Tracking Systems?
Have you tried out any of the applicant tracking systems listed above? Let us know what you look for, and which features you’ve found most useful in your work.