OKRs are used by organizations all over the world to drive strategic direction and focus efforts toward achieving company objectives.
OKR software is designed to help you with the process of setting and tracking OKRs at the organizational, team, and individual levels. Adoption of the OKR framework and the software usually comes hand in hand.
To save you time, and help you make the best choice for your needs, we’ve compiled a list of our top OKR software tools.
OKRs Software Comparison Criteria
What are we looking for when picking an OKR platform to review? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
User Interface (UI): Can you plan and set goals using a variety of visualizations, like Gantt and Kanban charts, spreadsheets, and OKR goals progress reports and analysis drill-downs.
Usability: Is onboarding new users easy? Does the company offer good tech support, user support, tutorials, and training? Is there an online community/forum around the product?
Integrations: Is it easy to connect with other tools, such as performance management software, talent management software, or employee management systems? Any pre-built integrations? Can you import objectives and goals designed in other software?
Value for $: How appropriate is the price for the features, capabilities, and use case? Is pricing clear, transparent, and flexible?
OKR Solution: Key Features
Here are some of the key features and functionality I look for when selecting OKR software for this list.
- Feedback & review tools: Is it easy for team leads to talk to staff and evaluate employee performance? Does it facilitate peer-to-peer communication and encouragement with continuous feedback cycles? Is high performance gamified or otherwise made more accessible?
- Goal Maps: Does the tool make it easy to see the higher objectives and how key results tie into them? Does the tool do well to align individual responsibilities with greater company goals? Is it easy to track progress of both team OKRs and individual goals?
- Employee Voice: Are there features for employee surveys, comments, and insights? Does the tool elevate these voices in a meaningful way?
- Reporting and Insights: Does the tool track goals with real-time reports and insights that can be easily visualized, shared, and analyzed? Are reports to track OKRs customizable? Are there ready-to-use templates available?
People Managing People is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews Of The Top 10 OKR Tools
Here’s a brief software comparison of each of the OKR tools that are featured on this top 10 list.
Peoplebox is the next-gen OKR & performance management platform designed for hyper-growth startups to help them align and achieve moonshot goals faster. Peoplebox provides a single place where all strategic priorities, goals and initiatives are always aligned and updated through native integration with all work tools.
Along with updated goals, it also creates auto-populated review dashboards with an ability to add narratives, action items, and RCA (root cause analysis) details to make your review meetings more effective and actionable.
Peoplebox also syncs goal data with 1:1s, check-ins and reviews so you can manage team performance continuously.
Peoplebox works with 500+ startups such as Razorpay, SocialBee, Mirriad, Exotel, Dunzo, Khatabook, Plum and Nova benefits. They currently integrate with a number of tools, including Asana, Google Sheets, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Salesforce, and others.
Peoplebox costs from $7/user/month and offers a 14-day free trial.
- Very easy to use, single page application, Deep integrations with many work tools
- Slack integration and notifications, including the ability to conduct check-ins
- Business Reviews Dashboard makes it easy to review item status at a glance
- Ability to automate reports and launch recurring employee engagement and pulse surveys is helpful
- Useful feedback features including performance reviews, 1:1, and Coffee Connect
- Anonymous feedback not available
- Long load times for longer task lists
Profit.co is an OKR software for executing strategies using an OKR centric approach. Profit.co also has strategy tracking, task management, employee engagement, and employee development. Users can take their 1-5 year strategic initiatives and use OKRs to break them down in a prioritized list that you execute quarter over quarter.
Profit.co allows you to iterate faster using the Plan-Execute-Engage-Learn cycle every quarter. Users can plan OKRs at the beginning of the quarter, promote high levels of employee engagement using collaborative features, and use a highly structured reflect and reset process. Since Profit.co is easily customizable, you can get started with OKRs easily and add on other modules as you grow.
Profit.co integrates with Slack, Microsoft Teams, Jira, Salesforce, HubSpot and several other popular business applications. On top of this, you can develop your custom integrations using the Profit Integration Engine.
Profit.co includes a free plan for up to 5 users and regular pricing is just $7 per user per month.
- Offers step by step guides and templates
- Facilitates 1 on 1 and departmental review meetings
- Includes OKR coaching and certification
- Only supports 15 languages
- Feature options may be overwhelming
- Only has 30 integrations, although they have a long list in their roadmap
monday.com’s flexible Work OS system makes it easy for users to organize and track any process through their customized data dashboards, with built-in visualization tools. Their system comes with 200+ templates, including an OKR template, that can be adapted to your business needs.
With 30 column types to choose from, you can tag people or teams responsible for each item, set a timeline and priority level, and track and update the status as items are completed. All of their data dashboards can also be visualized in a variety of formats with just one click, including a calendar view or Gantt chart format. They also have a handy “deadline mode” view that highlights any items that are running behind schedule.
monday.com integrates with other commonly used communication and productivity tools including Excel, Google Calendar, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Zapier, and others.
Pricing for monday.com starts at $8 user/month. They also offer a 14-day free trial, as well as a free forever plan with limited features for a maximum of two users.
- Clean and colourful interface that is fully customizable
- Drag-and-drop capabilities make it easy to move OKRs around
- Lots of templates, columns and visualization options to choose from
- Automations are excluded from Basic service level
- All employees must have a seat to take advantage of collaborative tagging features
- Number of dashboards is limited in their Basic and Standard service levels (their Pro level is best)
Inspire Software partnered with Paul Niven, best-selling author, global consultant, and founder of OKRsTraining.com, to combine “best of breed” training and support for OKRs. Expert guidance is embedded throughout the platform making the OKR learning curve simple for all employees and HR managers.
The platform integrates goals and OKRs with continuous performance management, full recognition and feedback capabilities, learning, and leadership development to align and focus leaders, managers, and frontline employees.
You can perform goal-driven 1:1 conversations that address real needs in real time, utilizing built-in collaboration, feedback, and recognition features so your teams plan and stay focused on what’s important and then celebrate their success all in one place.
Features include OKR development, benchmarking and tracking data, SMART goal-setting, goal-focused conversations and execution, as well as timelines and reminders, and vertical and horizontal goal alignment. They also offer a complimentary software orientation or “guided trial,” with multiple how-to videos. Longer pilots or trials are available upon request.
Inspire costs from $5-11/user/month based on number of employees and contract term.
- Exclusive partnership with global OKRs leader Paul Niven
- Integrated with continuous performance management, feedback and recognition, and more
- Combines science-backed learning and leadership development curricula
- Operates best using a Chromium browser like Google Chrome
- Geared mostly toward HR and C-suite buyers
- Not full multi-language enabled
Weekdone is an innovative OKR software established in 2012. This goal-setting tool allows you to set OKRs on all company levels and be sure that progress is made weekly.
Weekdone’s interactive real-time dashboards give a clear overview of your Company, Department, Team, and Personal level Objectives and their current status. Objectives on all levels can be linked to see OKR progress across the company.
The Weekly Check-ins feature allows employees to list their weekly activities that drive the Team OKRs forward, as well as communicate any challenges or roadblocks they might be facing. The Newsfeed keeps everyone easily updated on ongoing tasks, fostering transparency and trust among coworkers.
Weekdone integrates with Slack, Jira, MS Teams, Asana, Zapier, and more tools you already use to provide a seamless workflow and avoid duplicate work.
Packages start at $108 a month for 4-10 users. Teams with up to 3 users can use the full feature set for free.
OKR coaching is included in all paid plans to set your company up for success with OKRs and Weekdone.
- 9+ years of experience in OKR software solutions
- Easy navigation and interactive dashboards
- Quarterly OKRs combined with weekly check-ins
- Full features included in all plans
- Unlimited OKR coaching included in paid plans
- Customization options can increase setup timec
- No performance management features such as 360 reviews
Unlock:OKR is an OKR software that includes people maps, goal maps, feedback, and reporting features. The tool aims to help organizations work towards an outcomes-first culture and ensure adoption of OKRs is a shared vision formalized with a joint pursuit plan.
Unlock:OKR has a simple user interface and UX, as well as an intuitive dashboard. The tool allows users to easily create objectives and key results and check in on them. Users can give and request feedback within teams—even between cross-functional teams—as well conduct 1-on-1s.
Unlock:OKR breaks things down to be super simple for teams that are new to OKRs. People and goal maps help visualize team and project hierarchy and simple dropdown menus reveal what OKRs are attached to what employee. Percentage completion bars give team members an idea of how far along (or behind) they are in their goals.
Unlock:OKR costs $6/user/month and offers a 14-day free trial and demo. The tool also offers free 1hr OKR consultation/coaching.
- Simple UI, easy to use
- Guaranteed OKR framework implementation
- Coaching for OKR champions available
- Email integration not built-in
- No way to clone an existing OKR
Leapsome is an OKR platform that helps organizations to focus on strategic objectives and enhance their people management processes. Trusted by companies like Spotify, Northvolt, and Babbel, the platform enables a continuous cycle of goals & OKR setting, tracking and reporting at the company, team, and individual level.
Leapsome helps you go beyond simple tracking by sharing and requesting feedback on OKRs at every phase. Stakeholders and actors can leave comments to provide context and discuss progress of single tasks or entire projects.
It also gives you the ability to relate individual, team, and company goals to one another and generate an OKR tree to easily oversee progress, ownership, and the dependencies on the path to success.
Furthermore, Leapsome comes with features that increase accountability across the organization with goal dashboards and progress timelines which you can update in real-time and filter by owner, contributors, and teams.
Leapsome integrates with Personio, BambooHR, HiBob, GSuite, OneLogin, Okta, Active Directory, Slack, Jira Software, Microsoft Teams, and Calendar Apps.
Leapsome costs from $8/user/month and offers a free demo.
- Ease of giving feedback to peers
- Robust self evaluation tools
- Interface is user-friendly
- Difficult to set “lower than” goals (cost or time reduction, etc.)
- Must enquire to get pricing
PerformYard’s goal-setting and performance management software provides flexible features for HR and a simple employee experience. With PerformYard, HR teams will get the tools they need to build out any goal-setting strategy while your employees get a streamlined experience so they can focus on quality feedback and effective performance discussions.
PerformYard focuses on providing a flexible OKR solution. With PerformYard you can customize the software to fit the strategy that’s right for your organization: cascading, tagging, check-ins, goal types, and/or scoring.
PerformYard provides a simple employee experience that facilitates effective goal-setting. PerformYard also provides dedicated customer success managers for every customer. From onboarding, to employee trainings, to ongoing support you’ll have someone at your side.
PerformYard integrates with most major HRIS/Payroll systems including ADP, BambooHR, Gusto, Rippling, UKG, Paycom, Workday, and Paylocity.
PerformYard costs from $5/user/month.
Huminos is a comprehensive OKR and performance software that helps your employees to achieve impactful outcomes, even if they are working remotely.
With Huminos, you can aspire for growth with OKRs and align your people as well as inspire your people continuously with an engaging culture of conversations, coaching, and celebrations. You can also measure continuously, reflect and calibrate your people’s performance.
Huminos connects with several tools to automate progress tracking, data administration, scheduling and collaboration in one platform so that your teams can maintain a sharp focus on achieving growth.
Huminos integrations include popular tools like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Workspace, HubSpot, Freshdesk and many more.
Huminos has a forever-free plan for SMBs and small teams and a usage-based pricing model for growing companies. Paid plans start at $1/objective set + $3/objective achieved, ensuring you pay only for what you actually use. It comes with a 14-day free trial.
- Free for SMBs and Small Teams
- Usage/Outcome-based pricing
- Works directly within Microsoft Teams and Slack
- Free training modules (OKR Coach)
- Super easy to set up, launch and use
- Not a traditional subscription-based pricing
Gtmhub’s OKR software helps companies adopt and implement OKRs at scale. Starting from the top-down, their system makes it easy for senior leaders to brainstorm ideas based on their company mission and vision and link them with defined strategies. Employees can then create their own personal objectives that align with the top-level company priorities. To make this process smooth for the end user, their system includes Whiteboards, Sessions, KPIs (key performance indicators), Insightboards, and an OKR Design Score. To speed up adoption, their Gtmhub Marketplace also includes 200+ ready-to-use OKR templates, plus other additional resources too.
To support an adaptive organizational model, their system includes advanced features like detailed analytics, progress monitoring, and OKR auditing. Leadership staff can easily access a birds-eye view of activity to stay on top of the relationship between people, processes, and outcomes. OKR transparency is also configurable, giving senior leaders the ability to decide which objectives are visible to staff or not.
Gtmhub integrates with 160+ software applications including Asana, Basecamp, Google Analytics, Hubspot, JIRA, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Smartsheet, and many others. Additional data integrations can also be enabled by their REST API or through Zapier.
Gtmhub costs from $7/employee/month and offers a free trial.
- Useful introductory resources including free e-books
- Visually rich interface with multiple views
- Functional for teams of any size
- Limited data exporting abilities with their Start service level
- Advanced support only available for Enterprise service level
- Software integrations vary depending on service level
Need Expert Help Selecting The Right OKR Software?
People Managing People has joined forces with the software comparison platform Crozdesk.com to assist you in finding the best tool for your needs. Crozdesk’s OKR Software advisors can create a personalized shortlist of software solutions with unbiased recommendations to help you identify the solutions that best suit your business’s needs. Through our partnership you get free access to their bespoke software selection advice, removing both time and hassle from the research process.
It only takes a minute to submit your requirements and they will give you a quick call at no cost or commitment. Based on your needs you’ll receive customized software shortlists listing the best-fitting solutions from their team of software advisors (via phone or email). They can even connect you with your selected vendor choices along with community negotiated discounts. To get started, please complete the form below:
Best OKR Software Summary
14 days free trial
|From $7/user/month||Check out Peoplebox|
30 days free plan for paid plans
|From $7/user/month||Check out Profit.co|
14 days free trial
|From $8/user/month||Check out monday.com|
|From $5-11/user/month based on number of employees and contract term||Check out Inspire|
14 days free trial
|From $108/month for 4-10 users||Check out Weekdone|
14 days free trial & demo, free 1hr OKR consultation/coaching
|From $6/user/month||Check out Unlock:OKR|
Free demo available
|From $8/user/month||Check out Leapsome|
|From $5-$10/employee/month||Check out PerformYard|
14 days free trial
|$1/objective set + $3/objective achieved||Check out Huminos|
|From $7/employee/month||Check out Gtmhub|
Other OKR Software
- Perdoo – Best free OKR software
- Atiim – Best enterprise OKR software
- Culture Amp – Best OKR for turnover prediction
- 15five – Best for daily and yearly self-reviews
- Leapsome – Best for a customizable review builder
- Small Improvements – Best OKR tool for pulse surveys and weekly check-ins
- Gtmhub – Best OKR for software engineers
- OKR API – Best open source SaaS OKR software
- Workteam – Best OKR CFR software
- Weekdone – Best for SMB/startup OKR coaching
- Teamwork – Best OKRs for professional services
- WorkBoard – Best for monthly business reviews (MBRs)
Related Read: Human Resource OKR Examples
What Do You Think About These OKR Tracking Tools?
Have you tried out any goal tracking software listed above? What goal setting tools do you use on a daily basis for project management and company objectives? What do you look for in goal management tools? Are there any objective tracking tools or goal software that you would add to this list?
Avoid issues on the way to reaching your goals by making sure your processes are legally compliant with the help of an ethics and compliance software. Don’t know what it is? This article right here can help!
Related Podcast: The Real Intent Of OKRs – It’s About Purpose