- 1. Profit.co — Best OKR management software for a user-friendly interface and user experience
- 2. Lattice — Best OKR software solution with integrations to support OKR progress tracking
- 3. Trakstar — Best OKR tool within a performance management system
- 4. Leapsome — Best OKR software for performance-oriented companies
- 5. monday.com — Best customizable OKR template with built-in data visualization tools
- 6. PerformYard — Best OKR software for goal-setting + performance management
- 7. OKR Board for Jira by Oboard — Best OKR software for Jira users
- 8. Hirebook — Best OKR management software for customer support services
- 9. Culture Amp — Best OKR software for customer service & training
- 10. 15Five — Best OKR software for cross team collaboration, and keeping OKRs top of mind
Organizations all around the world use OKRs to drive strategic direction and focus their efforts on achieving company objectives.
OKR software can help you with the process of setting and tracking OKRs at the organizational, team, and individual levels. Adoption of the OKR framework and the software usually comes hand in hand.
To save you time, and help you make the best choice for your needs, I've compiled a list of the top OKR software on the market today.
What is OKR Software?
OKR software (objective & key results software) is the software framework used to develop the strategy and process objectives that connect individual and team goals to top-level organizational objectives. It's used to build out the initial strategy and track the OKR progress for all the objectives involved.
OKR software is a tried-and-true way to improve the alignment between your individual employees and the company's top-level business goals. It does this by creating a transparent and cascading framework that visually shows employees how their own individual OKRs contribute to the company's strategic goals, and vice versa. It's similar to an online goal tracker for all levels of your company.
Detailed Overviews of the 10 Best OKR Software
Here’s a brief description and comparison of each OKR tool that made it into my top 10 list. I've highlighted their main features, including some pros and cons, to help you make the best choice for your business. I've also included screenshots to show you their user interface too. Plus, I've included 20 additional bonus suggestions below, if you'd like even more options to consider.
Profit.co is an OKR management software built for executing strategies using an OKR-centric approach. Users can take their 1-5 year strategic initiatives and use OKRs to break them down in a prioritized list that you execute quarter over quarter.
Why I picked Profit.co: Their OKR software allows you to iterate faster using the Plan-Execute-Engage-Learn cycle every quarter. You can plan your OKRs at the beginning of the quarter, promote high levels of employee engagement using collaborative features, and use a highly structured reflect and reset process. Since Profit.co is easily customizable, you can get started with OKRs easily and add on other modules as you grow.
Profit.co Standout Features and Integrations:
Many features in their OKR Management module work together to make OKR goals more visually digestible. These include their goal alignment dashboard, cascading goals, and goal visualizations & heatmaps. In addition, Profit.co includes 7 types of key results, 400+ pre-loaded KPIs, customizable KPIs, OKR templates, and team collaboration features. Plus, they also offer different modules for strategy tracking, task management, employee engagement, and employee development as well.
Integrations are available with Slack, Microsoft Teams, Jira, Salesforce, HubSpot, and several other popular business applications. On top of this, you can develop your custom integrations using the Profit Integration Engine.
- Includes OKR coaching and certification
- Facilitates one-on-one and departmental review meetings
- Offers step-by-step guides and templates
- Only supports 15 languages
- Feature options may be overwhelming
Lattice is a cloud-based people management platform you can use for performance reviews and OKR tracking.
Why I picked Lattice: You can use Lattice to set strategic company objectives with input from your whole team. You can also use Lattice to increase employee engagement by enabling you to connect your employee's individual goals to your company's goals.
Lattice Standout Features and Integrations:
If you want to integrate productivity tools into your OKR software, then Lattice is your best option because it allows you to integrate a wide selection of productivity tools. Lattice lets you access a useful suite of tools to improve how your company deals with goals and objectives, like integrating Slack for direct reminders and updates for 1-on-1s or task deadlines.
Other key features include actionable goals, individual and business goals, one-on-one check-in tools, status updates, performance management, growth plans, career tracks, and analytics.
Integrations are available with a host of productivity tools, including ADP, BambooHR, Gmail, G Suite, Gusto, Humaans, Jira, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Okta, Personio, Rippling, Salesforce, Slack, TriNet, UKG Pro, Workday, Zenefits, and others.
- Goals & OKRs module can be purchased separately or combined with their Performance Management module
- Includes modern features like 360-degree feedback
- All plans include Lattice University to help with employee upskilling
- No free trial available
Trakstar is an HR software platform with performance management, employee learning, applicant tracking, and workforce analytics tools. Their performance management module can be used to set and track employee goals, conduct performance evaluations, collect 360-degree feedback, and measure employee engagement through surveys.
Why I picked Trakstar: The goal-setting feature helps managers and employees set SMART goals together, ensuring every goal is at once Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. The measurability element is where OKRs come into play. Together, employees and their managers can come up with measurable OKRs to help them track their progress with each goal.
Trakstar Standout Features and Integrations:
Trakstar's features go beyond just goal tracking. You can also use it to measure and monitor employee performance by scheduling regular check-ins and building performance improvement plans too. Automated reporting is also included, which helps you understand how your performance strategies affect your team's performance over time.
Features include check-ins, note-taking, self-evaluations, peer feedback, employee surveys, real-time reporting, 360 feedback, SMART goal setting and tracking, customized development plans, and skills appraisals.
Integrations include ADP Workforce Now, Azure, BambooHR, Checkr, Google Workspace, Namely, Office365, Okta, Slack, Zoom, and others.
- Facilitates instant feedback
- Performance, learning, and hiring in one
- Advanced analytics capabilities
- Other HR functions like payroll are not included
- Performance reviews are annual, not semi-annual or quarterly
Leapsome is an OKR platform that helps organizations to focus on strategic objectives and enhance their people management processes. Trusted by companies like Spotify, Northvolt, and Babbel, the platform enables a continuous cycle of goals & OKR setting, tracking and reporting at the company, team, and individual level.
Why I picked Leapsome: Their software helps you go beyond simple tracking by sharing and requesting feedback on OKRs at every phase. Stakeholders and actors can leave comments to provide context and discuss the progress of single tasks or entire projects.
It also gives you the ability to relate individual, team, and company goals to one another and generate an OKR tree to easily oversee progress, ownership, and the dependencies on the path to success.
Furthermore, Leapsome comes with features that increase accountability across the organization with goal dashboards and progress timelines which you can update in real-time and filter by owner, contributors, and teams.
Leapsome Standout Features and Integrations:
Leapsome also has other standout features, such as the depth of its performance management features. In addition to its ability to track goals and OKRs, Leapsome includes modern capabilities such as 360-degree feedback and performance reviews designed around key competencies for each role.
Other key features include flexible goal frameworks, recurring goal cycles, team collaboration tools, progress updates, one-on-one meeting tools, performance reviews, goal trees and dependencies, and real-time analytics.
Integrations are available with Personio, BambooHR, HiBob, GSuite, OneLogin, Okta, Active Directory, Slack, Jira Software, Microsoft Teams, and Calendar Apps.
- Ease of giving feedback to peers
- Robust self evaluation tools
- Interface is user-friendly
- Difficult to set “lower than” goals (cost or time reduction, etc.)
- Must enquire to get pricing
monday.com’s flexible Work OS system makes it easy for users to organize and track any process through their customized data dashboards, with built-in visualization tools. Their system comes with 200+ templates, including an OKR template, that can be adapted to your business needs.
Why I picked monday.com: With 30 column types to choose from, you can easily customize how you want your OKR tracking dashboard to look. You can also tag people or teams responsible for each item, set a timeline and priority level, and track and update the status as items are completed.
All of their data dashboards can also be visualized in a variety of formats with just one click, including a calendar view or Gantt chart format. They also have a handy “deadline mode” view that highlights any items that are running behind schedule.
monday.com Standout Features and Integrations:
Features include flexible progress tracking tools, visual project timelines and milestones, view customizations, and workflow automation tools.
Integrations are available with numerous applications and productivity tools including Asana, Basecamp, DocuSign, Excel, Google Calendar, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Salesforce, Slack, Trello, Zapier, Zendesk, and others.
- Clean and colourful interface that is fully customizable
- Drag-and-drop capabilities make it easy to move OKRs around
- Lots of templates, columns and visualization options to choose from
- Automations are excluded from Basic service level
- Number of dashboards is limited in their Basic and Standard service levels (their Pro level is best)
PerformYard's goal-setting and performance management software provides flexible features for HR and a simple employee experience. With PerformYard, HR teams get the tools they need to build out any goal-setting strategy while your employees get a streamlined experience so they can focus on quality feedback and effective performance discussions.
Why I picked PerformYard: Their software is designed to be a flexible OKR solution. With PerformYard you can customize the software to fit the strategy that's right for your organization: cascading, tagging, check-ins, goal types, and/or scoring.
PerformYard provides a simple employee experience that facilitates effective goal-setting. PerformYard also provides dedicated customer success managers for every customer. From onboarding to employee training, to ongoing support, you'll have someone at your side to help you set up your OKR tracking system successfully.
PerformYard Standout Features and Integrations:
Other standout features for PerformYard include their performance management tools like 360-degree reviews, project-based reviews, customizable rating scales, continuous feedback, and succession planning tools. These work together to help managers prioritize long-term career development plans for their staff, to tap into the future advancement potential of their star employees.
In addition, PerformYard also includes cascading goal structures, goal dependencies, goal owners, timelines, individual OKRs, clear visualization tools, and team-wide visibility.
Integrations are available with most major HRIS/Payroll systems including ADP, BambooHR, Gusto, Rippling, UKG, Paycom, Workday, and Paylocity.
- Can be customized for enterprise organizations
- Their performance module includes modern elements like self-assessments and 360-degree feedback
- You can request performance feedback from external stakeholders
- Price per user is vague - depends on the number of employees you have
- No free trial or free version available
OKR Board for Jira by Oboard is a SaaS product that helps teams and organizations manage their Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) right within their Jira environment. Users can set, track, and align their OKRs with their work in their project management system, so they can stay focused on achieving their goals without having to switch between multiple tools.
Why I picked OKR Board for Jira: For teams and organizations that are already using Jira for their project management needs, or who are looking for an option to combine OKRs and project management, this software is a good choice. The integration allows you to link your OKRs with issues, epics, and projects. This way, you can track how your work is contributing to your OKRs as you progress.
The software offers a flexible and customizable OKR hierarchy, so you can set up your OKRs in a way that makes sense for your organization. You can create multiple levels of objectives and key results, and even group them by teams or departments. It also has powerful reporting and analytics features, so you can track your progress and identify areas for improvement.
OKR Board for Jira Standout Features and Integrations:
Features include annual, quarterly, and monthly OKRs; roadmaps; custom weights; custom levels; private workspaces; and reporting and analytics tools.
Integrations include Jira, Confluence, and Salesforce. The software's REST API allows you to build integrations with other tools and systems if needed.
- Easy implementation and quick time to value
- Simple interface, friendly to any user
- Bring your OKRs right into your Jira environment
- Not ideal for teams not using Jira
- Lacking in other software integrations
Hirebook is an experienced performance and motivation tool used by companies like IBM and Boeing for high-level OKRs strategy. Their customer support team goes above-and-beyond to help companies of all sizes chase quantifiable goals through automated check-ins, virtual meetings, OKRs and KPIs, and a comprehensive org chart.
Why I picked Hirebook: Hirebook’s platform supports more than just OKRs, and offers award-winning workshops and assessments for new companies, While most platforms focus on executives, Hirebook is designed to ensure that every team member in your organization is bought-in and getting quantifiable benefits from OKRs.
Hirebook Standout Features and Integrations:
One standout feature for Hirebook is its organizational chart feature, which is set up like a hierarchal tree diagram based on your existing reporting structure. Employees can use the 'Trace me' feature to locate a co-worker and click on their profile to see their main objectives and responsibilities.
Other features include cascading OKRs, OKR assessments, progress tracking, visualization tools, one-on-one smart agendas, real-time data dashboards, recurring reports, and multi-location management tools.
Integrations are available with many popular software solutions, including Asana, HubSpot, Salesforce, Jira, Slack, Microsoft Teams, and many others.
- All new customers receive hands-on workshops & assessments
- Free Hirebook University courses for all users
- Integrates with team and 1-on-1 meetings
- No time tracking functionality
- Mobile-ready platform, rather than a mobile app
Culture Amp is an employee engagement, performance, and development tool used by the likes of teams at Canva, Soulcycle, Etsy, Slack, Oracle, and McDonald’s for ongoing people management. They're known for their bright and modern interface and a relatively low learning curve. This makes them a great option for managers new to the HR software space.
Features include goal tracking, multi-source feedback, performance ranking metrics, development-focused reviews, and solutions for better 1‑on‑1s. You’ll be able to easily set up unique objectives and key results that tie into company, departmental, and/or individual initiatives. Employees can easily request or give feedback, either anonymously or named.
Integrations are available with BambooHR, Namely, Personio, Rippling, SAP SuccessFactor, and Workday.
- Easy to learn and use
- Great employee engagement tools
- Metrics to highlight high performers
- Can forecast turnover risks
- Administrative functionality could be expanded
- Pricing not readily available on website
- Not appropriate for teams under 25 people
15Five Focus is an OKR software that utilizes a science-backed approach to objectives and key results, empowering you to gain alignment across your organization and inspire your teams to work together towards top objectives. The philosophy behind the solution was informed by The Center for Evidence Based Management (CEBMa) and other critical research initiatives, powering the back end with the latest advancements in positive psychology.
The platform emphasizes the importance of real-time feedback, with weekly check-ins that allow employees to provide updates and identify blockers, keep managers informed, and ensure that key objectives remain in focus. The intuitive user interface makes it easy to identify challenges and address them, keeping teams motivated and on track.
Features include company-wide objectives, individual objectives, visual goal-based maps, progress tracking, real-time feedback, weekly check-in tools, one-on-one agendas, and employee recognition tools.
Integrations are available with many of your existing solutions including Slack, BambooHR, Sapling, Gusto, Rippling and Workday, and offers a free mobile app for iOS and Android devices. On top of that, its customizable API allows certain features to be configured to run with Google Calendar, Microsoft Teams, Jira Cloud and Salesforce.
- User-friendly visual interface simplifies weekly goal-based check-ins
- Automated reminders for weekly goals to ensure no items are missed
- Integrated Pulse Check feature helps managers ensure team members feel aligned with their work
- Some check-in questions are mandatory, but could be made optional
- Increased ability to customize the product for unique business cases would be ideal
Need Expert Help Selecting The Right OKR Software?
We’ve joined up with Crozdesk.com to give all our readers (yes, you!) access to Crozdesk’s software advisors. Just use the form below to share your needs, and they will contact you at no cost or commitment. You will then be matched and connected to a shortlist of vendors that best fit your company, and you can access exclusive software discounts!
Best OKR management software for a user-friendly interface and user experience
30-day free trial + free plan available
|From $7/user/month||Visit Website|
Best OKR software solution with integrations to support OKR progress tracking
Free demo available
|From $11/employee/month||Visit Website|
Best OKR tool within a performance management system
Free demo available
|Pricing upon request||Visit Website|
Best OKR software for performance-oriented companies
14-day free trial
|From $8/user/month||Visit Website|
Best customizable OKR template with built-in data visualization tools
14-day free trial + free plan available
|From $8/user/month (billed annually, min 3 seats)||Visit Website|
Best OKR software for goal-setting + performance management
Free demo available
|From $5-$10/user/month||Visit Website|
OKR Board for Jira by Oboard
Best OKR software for Jira users
Free demo available
|Pricing upon request||Visit Website|
Best OKR management software for customer support services
Free trial available
|From $10/user/month||Visit Website|
Best OKR software for customer service & training
Free trial available
|Pricing upon request||Visit Website|
Best OKR software for cross team collaboration, and keeping OKRs top of mind
14-day free trial
|From $4/user/month, billed annually||Visit Website|
Other OKR Software
Here are a few more worthwhile options that didn't make it into my top 10 shortlist for the best OKR software, but are still worth taking a closer look at:
- Quantive Results
Best for creating cross-team alignment on OKRs and KPIs
Best OKR software with weekly planning for real business results
Best employee-led OKRs
Best OKR cloud software available on PC, Android, and Apple devices
Best OKR software for user experience with affordable pricing
Best profit OKR software for e-retailers
Best OKR Software with OKR Coaching and OKR Adoption Guarantee
Best OKR tracking software for peer-to-peer feedback
Best personal OKR software for individual goal-setting
- Simple OKR
Best for work culture research
Best for OKR collaboration
Best for objectives alignment across a company
Best for implementing OKRs at scale
Best OKR for enterprises
- Kallidus Perform
Best OKR software for team-based performance management
Best enterprise-grade OKR platform with built-in business reviews
Best for goal setting and employee engagement
Best combined OKR and continuous performance management software
Best OKR compensation management
Best professional and holistic OKRs solution
Selection Criteria for OKR Software
I'm happy to explain my process if you're interested in learning how I created this list. To start off, I used recent market data to prepare a long list of all the top OKR software with positive user ratings and a full set of features. I then drilled down into each OKR tool's features and functionality to see how each system compared to the next.
Lastly, to whittle my selections down even further, I used the selection criteria below as a framework for my final selections. That's why all my top choices in this list score well in the criteria below.
First and foremost, all of the OKR software in this list needed to fulfill these basic core functionalities to move to the next phase of my assessment:
- The ability to set clear objectives for individual teams or departments
- The ability to define each objective with a measurable key result (i.e., a quantifiable metric for each objective)
- Alignment tools that show how individual, team, and department-level objectives contribute to the organization's highest-level goals
- Some form of data analytics and reporting to help assess performance, identify trends, and support data-driven decision-making
These are the main features I assessed while building this list of the best OKR software solutions:
- Progress tracking tools: Progress tracking is the crux of OKR software. That's why all the systems in this list have tools to track the progress of team OKRs and individual goals - some with more advanced features than others.
- Performance review tools: Many OKR software systems link OKR progress with employee performance reviews. Some systems take things a step further by gamifying goal completion to increase employee motivation for achieving key metrics.
- Feedback collection tools: This includes features like employee pulse surveys, 360-degree feedback, and employee voice tools that monitor the sentiment of feedback to uncover deeper meaning. I assessed these features in detail and noted any peer-to-peer communication features that promote a culture of continuous feedback, such as weekly check-ins and other feedback prompts.
- Goal maps: The best OKR software should include tools that visualize how individual and company OKRs tie into higher objectives, such as goal maps, or cascading goal trees. These visualization tools help to align individual responsibilities with greater company goals to give employees a big-picture view of how their daily activities contribute to the company's ultimate success.
- Notifications & reminders: Another useful feature is the ability to automate notifications and reminders to ensure your staff stay on top of their OKR-related tasks and deadlines.
In addition to the features above, I also assessed the following criteria for each system to make my final selections for this list. To do so, I dug into the answers for the following questions.
User Interface (UI)
Software tools with an easy-to-use UI will go a long way toward increasing user adoption of your new OKR software. That's why I paid close attention to selecting tools with clean and uncluttered user interfaces that are easy to digest. I also gave bonus points to software that includes visualization tools to plan and track progress, like Gantt and Kanban charts, or visual OKR progress reports with analysis drill-downs.
To assess each platform's usability, I examined how its menu was organized and how intuitive it was to access different features. OKR software can be a bit complex to set up, at least initially, so I also paid attention to whether the company offered good tech support, user support, tutorials, or training. Some OKR vendors even offer online communities or forums where you can find answers to common questions. All of these features work together to improve the usability of a system, especially for new users during the onboarding phase.
Reporting and Insights
It's essential that OKR software includes real-time reports and insights that are easy to visualize, share, and analyze. These features will help your management team ensure everything is on track. Or, if it's not, they can take action early before things get too far off track. To help you get the most out of their built-in reports, many OKR vendors offer ready-to-use templates that are customizable for your own business purposes.
Since OKRs should cover all aspects of your business, it's important that the information isn't locked in a silo. Instead, software integrations can help you leverage this data by connecting to other systems. Key systems to note include performance management software, talent management software, or employee management systems. To save you time, I've noted their pre-built integrations, and whether they have an API to support custom software integrations.
Value for Price
Not surprisingly, often the decision to invest in software, or not, comes down to the monthly price tag. When considering the cost of OKR software, it's important to consider the value you're gaining for your company. If you're running a small business or startup, you may be able to get away with a free version to track small team goals. However, a free plan won't have the same capabilities as a monthly paid offering. I've given you a selection of software with different price points in this list, with a typical monthly cost between $5 to $10 per user, per month.
What are OKRs?
What are some examples of popular OKRs?
What is the difference between OKRs and KPIs?
What's the difference between an OKR and MBO framework?
What types of companies have used OKRs successfully?
Other OKR Tracking and Goal Management Resources
With goal-tracking software already on your mind, I also recommend checking out these other related resources too:
- How to Write SMART Goals (With Examples)
- How to Get Buy-In to Implement OKRs - And Why It's Important to Get Approval
- 10 HR Goals Examples to Make Business Impact
- Putting Organizations on the Path to Success Using the Cascading Goals Method
- 29 HR KPIs to Help You Meet Strategic Goals
- The Real Intent of OKRs – It’s About Purpose, a podcast with Nolan Hout from Unlock OKR
Related Software Reviews
Looking for another type of software to motivate your team members? These other top 10 lists I've prepared are a good place to start:
- Goal Setting Software for Keeping Teams on Track
- Productivity Tracking Software for Hybrid Teams
- Task Management Software for Team Efficiency
- Strategic Planning Software for Planning Ahead
- Note Taking Apps for Boosting Productivity
- Performance Management Software for Continuous Feedback
I hope this article brought you one step closer to finding the right OKR software for you. Have you tried out any goal-tracking software listed above? What goal-setting tools do you use on a daily basis for project management and company objectives? What do you look for in goal management tools? Are there any objective tracking tools or goal software that you would add to this list? Let us know in the comments below.
Avoid issues on the way to reaching your goals by making sure your processes are legally compliant with the help of ethics and compliance software. If you're not sure what that is, this article right here can help!
Lastly, before you go, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to stay up-to-date on our latest podcasts, articles, and tool recommendations.