Ensuring employees feel valued, appreciated, and recognized is key to your engagement and retention efforts. And an employee recognition platform can help you create a culture of ongoing recognition that shows everyone their hard work doesn't go unseen. If you're considering Lattice as a tool to support your recognition strategy, you'll want to read my in-depth review.
I've spent years assessing and evaluating various types of HR software tools. In this review, I've dug into Lattice's total feature suite, pros and cons, best (and worst) use cases, and top alternative solutions. Keep reading for everything you need to know to make an informed decision about Lattice.
Lattice: Product Overview
Lattice is a people management software designed to enhance employee engagement and performance. It primarily serves HR professionals and team leaders, offering tools for performance reviews, goal setting, and employee feedback. The software benefits users by streamlining HR processes and enhancing employee engagement.
Lattice addresses key pain points such as inefficient performance tracking, lack of clear feedback channels, and difficulty in setting and managing goals. Its standout features include customizable review cycles, real-time feedback tools, and insightful analytics.
- User-Friendly Interface: Lattice offers a clean and intuitive interface, making it easy for users to navigate and manage various HR tasks.
- Robust Analytics: The software provides detailed analytics, giving HR teams and managers deep insights into team performance and engagement trends.
- Continuous Feedback: Lattice allows for ongoing employee feedback, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and communication.
- Limited Customization: Some users find the customization options for performance reviews and surveys to be somewhat restricted.
- Integration Challenges: Integrating Lattice with other HR systems can sometimes be a complex process, potentially causing delays.
- Cost Concerns: While offering many features, the pricing can be a bit steep for smaller companies or startups.
As an HR professional, I find Lattice to be a strong contender in the people management software space. It excels in providing a user-friendly interface and robust analytics, which are crucial for understanding team dynamics and performance. However, it can underperform in terms of customization and integration flexibility compared to some competitors. This can be a drawback for organizations that require highly tailored solutions.
The cost, while justifiable for the features offered, might be prohibitive for smaller entities. In terms of overall functionality, support, and interface, Lattice stands out for its ease of use and insightful data presentation. It is best suited for medium to large organizations that value detailed analytics and a straightforward user experience. In choosing a people management tool, Lattice should be considered for its strengths in analytics and user interface, while weighing its limitations in customization and integration capabilities.
Lattice: A Deep Dive
In this section, I'll explore the unique aspects of Lattice's features and functionalities that set it apart from other people management software, focusing on its customizable review cycles, integrated goal setting, and real-time feedback tools.
Lattice sets itself apart in the people management software landscape through a unique blend of features that prioritize employee engagement and performance analytics. The standout functionalities that distinguish it from other software include:
- Customizable Review Cycles: Lattice's highly flexible review cycle system is unique in its ability to adapt to various organizational structures and needs. This customization extends beyond standard performance evaluations, allowing companies to tailor the frequency, content, and format of reviews to suit their specific requirements.
- Integrated Goal Setting and Tracking: Unlike many other platforms, Lattice integrates goal setting directly into its performance management process. This feature enables employees and managers to set, track, and align individual goals and competencies with broader organizational objectives seamlessly. The system's intuitive design facilitates clear visibility and progression tracking of these goals.
- Real-Time Feedback Tools: Lattice offers advanced real-time feedback tools that stand out for their ease of use and integration into daily workflows. These tools allow for continuous communication and feedback between employees and managers, fostering a culture of ongoing development and performance improvement which include pulse surveys, OKRs, 360-degree feedback, 1-on-1 check-ins, and regular updates.
|Goal Setting and Tracking
|Employee Engagement Surveys
|One-on-One Meeting Tools
|Learning and Development Tracking
|Applicant Tracking System
|Time and Attendance
|HR Analytics and Reporting
|Social Recognition Features
|Employee Self-Service Portal
|Manager Self-Service Portal
|Integration with Third-party Apps
|API for Custom Integration
Lattice Key Features
- Performance Reviews: Lattice allows for highly customizable performance reviews, enabling organizations to tailor their review process to their specific needs.
- Goal Setting and Tracking: It integrates goal setting into performance management, allowing employees and managers to track progress transparently.
- Real-Time Feedback: This feature encourages ongoing communication, offering a platform for continuous growth and development.
- 360-Degree Feedback: Enables comprehensive feedback from various sources, offering a more complete picture of employee performance.
- Employee Engagement Surveys: Lattice provides tools to gauge employee sentiment, crucial for understanding and improving workplace culture.
- One-on-One Meeting Tools: These tools streamline the process of scheduling and conducting one-on-one meetings, fostering better communication between managers and employees.
- Learning and Development Tracking: Tracks employee development activities, aligning them with performance goals.
- HR Analytics and Reporting: Offers robust analytics and reporting features, providing deep insights into various HR metrics.
- Customizable Dashboards: Allows for the creation of personalized dashboards, giving a quick and tailored overview of key metrics.
- Integration with Third-party Apps: Lattice’s ability to integrate with various HR and productivity tools makes it versatile in different work environments.
Ease Of Use
I find Lattice's user interface intuitive and easy to navigate. The onboarding process is well-structured, guiding new users effectively through the software's features. However, due to its wide range of functionalities, there can be a learning curve, especially in mastering the more advanced features.
Lattice provides adequate customer support with multiple channels like live chat, documentation, and webinars. Their response times are generally quick. However, some users might find the reliance on self-service resources over direct personal support limiting.
Lattice offers out-of-the-box integrations with popular HRIS systems, communication tools like Slack and Microsoft Teams, and productivity apps in the G Suite. These integrations facilitate smoother workflows and better data synchronization. Lattice also provides an API for custom integrations, allowing for flexibility in adapting to specific organizational needs. Additionally, various add-ons are available to extend its capabilities.
Lattice's pricing is competitive with similar tools, balancing features and cost effectively. However, it may be more expensive for smaller companies due to the lack of a free tier and the minimum seat requirements.
- Engagement Plan: $4/user/month - Covers core features like performance reviews and goal setting.
- Grow Plan: $4/user/month - Includes advanced analytics and customization options.
- Compensation Plan - $7/user/month - Featyres managerial functions for compensation-related tasks.
- Performance Management + OKRs & Goals: $11/user/month - Designed for larger organizations with additional support and features.
Additional costs can include setup fees and premium support services, making it important for potential users to consider the full cost.
Lattice Use Cases
Who Would Be A Good Fit For Lattice?
I see Lattice as a great fit for mid-sized to large organizations that prioritize employee development and performance management. The tool works exceptionally well in industries where continuous feedback and goal alignment are crucial. Industries that benefit greatly include:
- Technology and Startups: These sectors often have dynamic work environments where real-time feedback and agile goal setting are key.
- Consulting Firms: In consulting, where employee performance directly impacts client satisfaction, Lattice's robust analytics and feedback tools are very beneficial.
- Healthcare: For large healthcare organizations, managing employee performance and development is streamlined with Lattice.
The most loyal users of Lattice are HR managers and team leaders who appreciate its comprehensive features, including performance reviews, real-time feedback, and goal management. Companies with a strong focus on cultivating a feedback-rich culture find Lattice particularly useful.
Who Would Be A Bad Fit For Lattice?
Lattice might not be the best fit for very small businesses or startups operating on a tight budget, as its pricing and complexity might outweigh their needs. Additionally, organizations looking for a more all-encompassing HR solution, including payroll and benefits management, might find Lattice lacking. Environments where Lattice may not be ideal include:
- Small Retail Businesses: These businesses often need more straightforward tools without the depth of features Lattice offers.
- Manufacturing: In sectors like manufacturing, where on-floor staff might not regularly engage with such software, Lattice's features could be underutilized.
Customers who have been disappointed with Lattice generally cite its cost and the learning curve involved in mastering its extensive features. Companies with less tech-savvy employees or those without a dedicated HR team might struggle to make the most out of Lattice.
Can Lattice be integrated with other HR software?
Yes, Lattice offers integrations with various HR systems, productivity tools, and communication platforms like Slack and Microsoft Teams.
Is Lattice suitable for small businesses?
Lattice is generally more suited for mid-sized to large organizations due to its pricing structure and the complexity of its features.
Does Lattice offer mobile accessibility?
Yes, Lattice provides a mobile app for both iOS and Android, allowing users to access the platform on the go.
Can Lattice support global teams?
While Lattice is useful for global teams, it currently does not offer multi-language support, which may be a limitation in international environments.
Are training and support provided by Lattice?
Lattice offers various support resources including webinars, documentation, and live chat support.
How customizable are Lattice's performance review templates?
Lattice’s performance review templates are highly customizable, allowing organizations to tailor them to their specific needs.
Does Lattice provide analytics and reporting tools?
Yes, Lattice offers comprehensive analytics and reporting tools that also serve as performance management software to track employee performance and engagement.
Can you set and track goals in Lattice?
Yes, goal setting and tracking is a key feature of Lattice, allowing alignment of individual goals with organizational objectives.
Lattice Company Overview & History
Lattice is a people management software company that focuses on performance management, employee engagement, and career development tools. It is widely used by mid-sized to large companies across various sectors, including technology, consulting, and healthcare.
Lattice is a private company, with its headquarters located in San Francisco, California. While specific details about ownership and notable board members are not publicly disclosed, the company has made a significant impact in the HR technology space.
Lattice's mission revolves around helping teams build a strong, feedback-oriented culture. Since its inception, the company has grown rapidly, adding numerous features and integrations to its platform, and has become known for its user-friendly design and robust analytics capabilities.
Lattice Summary: The Bottom Line
In my view, Lattice stands out in the people management software space due to its focus on performance management and employee engagement. Its unique offerings include customizable performance review cycles, integrated goal setting, and real-time feedback tools.
These features, especially the real-time feedback and goal alignment, are particularly effective in fostering a continuous improvement culture within organizations. Lattice's robust analytics also provide valuable insights into team dynamics and individual performance, making it a powerful tool for HR professionals and managers.
Alternatives to Lattice
- BambooHR: Ideal for smaller businesses looking for a more straightforward, all-in-one HR solution.
- Workday: Better suited for larger organizations needing a comprehensive suite that includes financial management.
- Gusto: A great choice for businesses that require integrated payroll, benefits, and HR management.
This review provides a comprehensive look at Lattice, a software that excels in employee engagement and performance management systems. Its standout features like real-time feedback, goal tracking, and customizable review cycles make it a valuable tool for medium to large organizations.
While Lattice may not be the best fit for very small businesses or those needing a more all-encompassing HR solution, its strengths in fostering a feedback-rich culture and providing deep analytics are undeniable. I invite readers to share their experiences or ask further questions about Lattice in the comments.